I receive a lot of requests for pre-orders and/or custom embroidered outfits, and while I'd love to fulfill all of those requests (especially for those special birthday parties!!), it's unfortunately just too difficult logistically to select the right textiles in an efficient manner/length of time, make sure the requested size fits the desired textile, maximize the embroidery for the requested size/style of outfit while also maximizing the remainder of the textile for other customer outfits, etc. :(
However, I do offer the following option below as a way to get a custom Standard of Grace piece!
Custom Outfit using your own textile
I'm excited to be able to offer you the ability to acquire a "custom" Standard of Grace outfit by providing your own textile! I love doing these types of orders as it means I get to work with even more unique fabrics and you will receive a one-of-a-kind piece that will hopefully mean something to you personally! So raid your grandma's attics or hit up those estate sales and send me an email so we can get started!
These requests/orders are subject to "pre-screening" the fabrics to make sure they are suitable for outfit creation (size, quality, amount of embroidery, etc.).
Once fabrics are approved, all creative/design requests will be taken into consideration. However, final design will ultimately be at the discretion of the maker.
* Discount codes cannot be applied to custom orders.
Some tips when searching for a textile:
- Look for fabrics at least 36" x 36" (unless you are interested in a dress. I can work with much smaller pieces for dresses since I use coordinating fabrics for the skirt, so pillowcases, hankies, placemats/runners, etc. are usually all good candidates)
- Make sure the embroidery is a good scale and isn't too close to the edges.
- If looking online (on sites like Ebay or Etsy), trying using search terms like, "vintage embroidered floral tablecloth."
- Feel free to send me an email with photos of potential textiles before you purchase and I'll be happy to evaluate them for you to see if they'd be a good fit for the outfit you want!
The price for customs is dependent on the style of the outfit desired and if any additional customization is necessary (I can always provide a quote via email!), and I do offer a 10% discount if the provided fabric both fits the aesthetic of the other pieces I typically make AND if there is enough fabric leftover for me to make (at least 2) additional outfits that you will allow me to sell on my site. Again, fabric must be pre-screened for suitability before discount can be offered.
Turnaround time is generally 2 weeks from when fabric is received.
Customer will be responsible for shipping cost to send fabric to Standard of Grace, but normal shipping rates apply to ship the completed outfit to you (free in the US!).
CUSTOM ORDERS ARE CURRENTLY FULL THROUGH DECEMBER 2018. PLEASE EMAIL ME ASAP TO SECURE YOUR SPOT FOR JANUARY 2019 AND BEYOND!